Effect Hope Careers
Effect Hope is a Christian international development organization focused on serving people affected by neglected tropical diseases. We empower people affected by neglected tropical diseases to overcome disease, stigma, poverty, and isolation so that they can help others to do the same.
Our Current Opportunities
Director Finance and Administration
Click here to download a PDF of this job listing
Join us at Effect Hope as the Director of Finance and Administration and embark on a fulfilling journey to make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable people affected by neglected tropical diseases like leprosy.
The Director Finance and Administration leads our financial and administrative operations and is a key contributor to Effect Hope’s financial health and sustainability. As a member of the Effect Hope Leadership Team reporting to the CEO, you will play a critical role in strategic planning and in delivering the strategic plan.
In this role, you provide strategic and financial guidance and support to the CEO and board of directors. You will assume responsibility for financial oversight, business processes/systems, information technology, human resources, funder reporting, organizational policies, controls and risk management. You will ensure compliance with governance best practices and all regulatory requirements. By strengthening our operational capacity, you will be instrumental in driving our mission forward.
Your strategic vision and meticulous attention to detail will be critical as you leverage powerful business tools and harness the power of data to guide decision-making.
Operating with a sense of urgency and maintaining high standards, you exemplify a can- do attitude by approaching every challenge as solvable. Your expertise in team management enables you to excel in working collaboratively to achieve goals.
About Effect Hope
Effect Hope is a Canadian Christian global health organization. For more than 130 years, we have been partnering with other organizations to strengthen healthcare systems across Africa and Asia. We are Canada’s only global health organization focused exclusively on Neglected Tropical Diseases, including leprosy.
As Christians, we are called to serve people who are affected by disease, disability and discrimination.
Effect Hope has been recognized by Charity Intelligence Canada as a “Top Ten Impact Charity” and a “Top Ten International Impact Charity.”
What We Offer
By joining our dynamic team, you will be part of a community that values collaboration, innovation, and compassion. We offer a range of benefits including a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, and matching pension plan. Our office is located in
Markham with easy access to highways and transit. In this hybrid role with flexibility, you will experience and enhance community with opportunities to fellowship, pray with your colleagues, and be encouraged in your faith. You will join a team of experienced and thoughtful leaders committed to investing their time to grow and develop others.
What You Bring to the Role
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field is required. (CPA designation )
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, including financial leadership and staff development, preferably within the context of a registered
- Demonstrated expertise in Canadian financial reporting guidelines, CRA regulations, and ASNPO (Accounting Standards for Not-For-Profit Organizations).
- Proven hands-on proficiency in working with Financial Edge or similar accounting software, including familiarity with cloud-based
- Proficient in the Microsoft 365 platform, with the ability to lead the implementation of new productivity processes and software
- Comprehensive understanding of Human Resources best practices, including knowledge of applicable legislation and experience in benefits and pension plan administration.
- Exceptional leadership abilities rooted in self-awareness and the ability to inspire and motivate others to overcome challenges and achieve desired results while excelling in collaboration in serving internal
- You embrace the power of effective communication as a cornerstone for success in this role. Your ability to convey information with precision and clarity, both verbally and in writing, will be essential in inspiring others and driving meaningful change.
- Passion for Effect Hope’s calling and mission with the ability to adapt and lead change to accomplish our mission. Willing to commit to Effect Hope’s mission and values.
As noted above, the selected candidate must be willing to commit to our Vision, Mission and values. Effect Hope is a Christian mission with a donor base that is primarily of the Christian faith. Candidates must be comfortable with this position and be willing to work in this environment with a broad range of Christian perspectives.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now to email@example.com.