effect:hope’s (The Leprosy Mission Canada) Statement on the Privacy and Security of Information
effect:hope (The Leprosy Mission Canada) is committed to internet privacy as a matter of legal requirement and ethical choice. This policy relates to the privacy, security and use of your information in relation to this website and effect:hope (The Leprosy Mission Canada). Briefly,
- We do not collect information concerning individual visitors unless that information is voluntarily disclosed (e.g. completing an order form, a donation form, a membership form or some other form in which you provide information about yourself).
- We monitor general trends in the use of our website but do not track individual visitors unless that visitor logs on as a donor (see Private Areas under Normal Website Usage and under Collection of Personal Information below).
- Individuals who join effect:hope (The Leprosy Mission Canada) online or who sign up for specific services will only be contacted for purposes related to our work.
- At any time, users who have signed up for a specific service can have their names removed from the relevant contact list.
- We do not share the information voluntarily disclosed to us with any other organization.
- For further information, or to opt out of an existing list, please see “Opting Out” below.
Normal Website Usage
You can visit all public areas of effect:hope’s (The Leprosy Mission Canada) website without identifying yourself. As you browse, the only information we may collect from your visit is the name of your Internet service provider, the browser and type of machine you are using, the website that referred you to us, the pages you request and the date and time of those requests.
This information is collected on an aggregate basis. We use it for internal review only and do not share it with outside parties. We use it to measure site activity and to improve the quality of our site for the future use of our visitors.
If you log onto private areas of our website (e.g. as a registered donor) additional information will be tracked, such as the pages visited and requests for specific information. This is used to attempt to provide updated information on areas of interest to you when you return to the site.
We do not collect any other information —such as the name, mailing address, email address, or phone number of the visitor— without the visitor’s knowledge and permission.
Collection of Personal Information – Private Areas
In addition to the public areas of effect:hope’s (The Leprosy Mission Canada) website, there are private areas for people who have registered by reason of their special interests or status with the organization and our work.
If you qualify as one of these people, there are instances where effect:hope (The Leprosy Mission Canada) requests personally identifiable information, such as name, mailing address, email address, and perhaps additional information, to provide you with specific services or correspondence.
Your Privacy Secured
Personally identifiable information that you provide in this way will not be given to any other organization. effect:hope (The Leprosy Mission Canada) does not sell, rent or exchange names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses or postal addresses. Nor do we disclose any financial information to partners or any other third parties.
effect:hope’s (The Leprosy Mission Canada) website will not post personal contact information for volunteers, including their email address, street address and phone numbers, without that individual’s consent.
This site contains hypertext links to other sites. effect:hope (The Leprosy Mission Canada) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
effect:hope (The Leprosy Mission Canada) uses industry accepted data collection and encryption methods to insure the secure collection and transmission of sensitive user information. We will make every effort to safeguard the privacy of our donors’ information. However, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of this site, and we shall not be responsible for any harm that you or any person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect of your use of this site or any information you transmitted to or from this site.
People who join or donate via our website and provide an email address receive our organization’s electronic newsletter, sent out periodically. You always have the option to opt out by a number of methods. These include sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 1-888-537-7679.